By Alana Vaughn

Nobody wants to deal with mold in their home. In addition to being a nuisance, mold is a terrible, invasive problem for your home. If your home has a mold problem, everything suffers. Your health suffers. The structural integrity of your home suffers. You may even have to tear down your home and rebuild if the problem gets bad enough. This is why you need to attack mold as soon as you notice it. If you notice dark spots in your shower, patches near the ceiling, or your outside deck getting darker, these are indicators of a mold problem. To get help with this problem, check out the following products.

The X-14 Professional Instant Mildew Stain Remover is one of the most popular mold removal products on the market. At the time this article was written, the product had an average product rating of five stars on It's also great if you're on a budget because a 32 oz bottle costs less than ten dollars. They claims to have a solution that is almost seventy percent more potent than that of the other products on the market. Customers who've used this product say that it is best suited for dealing with mildew in the shower.

You have probably hear of Tilex. Tilex Mold and Mildew Remover Spray is a popular product and has been for some time. This product gets used in many different areas of the home and has for many years. This is a very potent product but it works great for removing mold and mildew. This potency makes it harmful to humans so if you choose to buy this product, always keep out of reach of children.

If you have a particularly large area of mold to clear, you might want to invest in something a little bit larger than your average thirty two ounce bottle of mold remover. A gallon jug of Concrobium Mold Control may work better in that kind of situation. While this product may seem expensive with a cost of just over $30, it works really well at getting rid of mold. An added bonus with this product is that it fights odors in addition to getting rid of the mold. This product is registered with the EPA and is free of chemicals such as bleach, ammonia, and VOCs. But better safe than sorry - keep this product away from your kids.

It can be quite a headache to choose between the various products on the market. It can be tempting to grab the first one you see. Take some time to do some research first. If you have some products you're interested in, consider their price and reputation. Are the type of ingredients used in these products important to you? How much mold needs to be removed? Do you need the help of a professional? Determine the answers, then go shopping.

About the Author:

blog comments powered by Disqus